Friday, August 28, 2009

Hamburg, rice, and corn casserole

This is the easiest recipe to make and comes out so delicious. The best thing is the ingredients could be modified in any number of ways and it would still be great!

I use:
1.5 lbs 80/20 burger
1 can corn
1.5 cups cooked rice
1 med onion (diced)

I cook a cup and a half of rice, according to the directions on the package. In another pan, I saute 1 diced, medium onion. Once the onion has browned I add the 1.5 lbs of burger and scramble it. Once the burger is thoroughly cooked, I add the corn to the mixture.

Once my rice is done cooking, I add it to the burger and corn. I mix everything together and add salt and pepper to taste.

As I said previously, this recipe could be modified in an infinite number of ways and still be delicious. This is just the way I grew up eating it and I enjoy it today. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment